It's 5am and I am getting ready to finish up my last 1/2 day of child care subbing for my neighbor. I know one thing for sure....I do not want to have my own day care! My neighbor has called me a couple times and I've told her that I don't think she makes enough money for the job she does. I am really looking forward to noon when all of the kids are picked up and the boys and I can head to my dad's house! The subbing probably wouldn't have been as trying on me if I also hadn't been without Jerry for over a month. It was pretty tiring to take care of all of the kids all day and then come home and still be mommy for a few more hours.
I get to see my wonderful husband in 16 days! Before this separation the longest that I had done solo-parenting was 11 days. I have to say that I am proud of myself for "holding down the fort". I truly admire spouses who have to go months and months without their partner! The mental part of it can be difficult. I can tell when I need adult time because I talk more to strangers in stores, or try to keep people on the phone longer to get a fix.
It's time for me to finish getting ready. Thank you for taking a moment to read about my life :-)
SEP--you are doing a great job. Soon Jerry will be there to help you. My friend Rosemary had five children from 2-14 for three years in the 60's-70' while her husband served as a Wing Commander in Thailand. Her family was on the East Coast and she was in Sacramento. You never know what you can do until the challenge rises up to meet you. It was a pleasure to be with you all for Thanksgiving. My love to all. SRH
ReplyDelete