Wednesday, November 3, 2010

2 Weeks Down

Today makes 2 weeks that Jerry has been in Alabama.  In some ways it feels like much longer, but in other ways it doesn't feel that long at all.  The last 2 weeks have been so busy, I really hope the next 5 go by just as fast!

My neighbor, who I help out with her daycare, has been battling some health issues recently.  So when she needs me, and I am available, I try to help out.  Sometimes it isn't planned when I need to help her, but I jump in and sub as needed.  Yesterday and today were 2 such moments.  The boys and I went over yesterday at about noon and stayed until 6 because she was very sick.  We also went today from 6:30am until 5pm.  There are moments when I feel crazy being "in charge" of my 2 boys, but next door I was caring for 7 kids!  I think the main goal that I have when I am there is to never let them see when I am doubting my position.  I want to always give the illusion that I have a plan.  There are of course difficult moments; such as when I have one child on the toilet calling for help, another child upset that he was hit by a bat, the hitter mad that the bat was taken away, and me trying to pry frozen hamburgers apart thus snapping my finger nail back and bleeding all over...  You know what though?  I am really happy that I can help out a friend/neighbor when she needs me.  I won't deny that I also look forward to a glass of wine in the evening after all of the chaos.

This weekend the boys and I will be getting away for a few days.  We are going to go to a friend's house in Orange County for a night and then onto my dad's for a couple days.  I look forward to being able to relax and enjoy some friend and family company!

1 comment:

  1. Been there, done that, but usually with 35 mini humans! Always have a book or video to cool the atmosphere, and never use your finger nail to seperate frozen hamburgers, always use a table knife. I look forward to seeing you this weekend.love, SRH

    ReplyDelete