The good news is that Jerry has now been gone more days than we have days left to see him. Our "Daddy Chain" has greatly shortened, and Nathan can now pretty much count the links without my help. It was a little more difficult for him when there were 40 or 50+ days. It is down to 22 days.
I am now just about over my yucky cold. A couple days were pretty funky with my sinuses and cough. Griffin is too cute; every time I sneeze, cough, or clear my throat he says, "Bless you, mama." It sounds a little more like, "Bess you mama," but it is very sweet! Sometimes I am in the other room and I hear him across the house saying it to me. The funny thing is when Nathan sneezes and he still says, "Bless you mama." I think we have him saying Nathan now instead (or sometimes "brother"). I thought that Nathan was in the clear from getting the cold, but yesterday he started coughing. I am just realy hoping that it doesn't progress because he has had to be on a nebulizer a couple times with his coughing...no fun!
Starting tomorrow I am subbing at my neighbor's child care for 4 1/2 days. She will be travelling to WA with her family for Thanksgiving, so I am filling in. Her husband is also deploying to Iraq in December for 6 months, so I wanted to help out. I will have 4 kiddos as well as my 2 little guys, so please send me happy thoughts!! On that note I am heading to bed so that I am well rested for the adventure ahead of me.
Oh yes, I am happy to report that Nathan's behavior has been improving lately. We are now talking to Jerry with our webcams (not sure why we didn't do this sooner?) and he likes to interact with Jerry this way. We've also sent a couple packages to Jerry, which Nathan likes to color pictures for.
Sara, you are a brave soul indeed. Hope you have enough energy left to drive to Banning on Wednesday--prepare to be pampered and put your feet up. Lots of help will be on hand for Thanksgiving. Glad you started using the Web cam, it is so cool to stay connected with visuals! love, SRH
ReplyDeleteYes! I have told Jerry that I will definitely need a spa day when he gets back in town!!
ReplyDelete