Jerry has now been in Alabama for 3 weeks. He will be home with us one month from today; December 10th. Now that stores are truly showing their "Christmasness" it is more difficult to have him far away. We have always enjoyed this time of year as a couple, and as a family. I think that Nathan is a little confused because we told him that Daddy would be home when we decorate for Christmas, but he is seeing decorations without daddy here. Nathan's behavior has also been much more difficult lately. He is testing me much more than usual. Some mornings he actually tells me, "I am going to have bad behavior today." I try to remain calm and firm, but wowsers, this kid can be good at his stubbornness!
I also have acquired a cold in the last couple days that is making breathing, sleeping, and patience a little more difficult. I am not quite sure why colds are worse in the evening and morning, but I do not like it...one bit!!! I seem to have shared this cold with Griffin, so he is even more clingy with me. It really is endearing to hear him call me Mommeeee, and want me to hold him ever-so-close, but at 1am it is a little more.....frustrating. I love my little guys so VERY MUCH though, and I know that I am truly blessed to call them "my" little pests.
Sara, I feel your pain. At least Nathan is giving you fair warning. I have the same cold and I got mine from Susie. It is a little worse for me with the asthma comes a major caugh too.
ReplyDeleteDrink lots of tea, and in the late eveing add a little rum.You are half way there to Jerry's home coming. Ask Jerry to start sending post cards every other day until his return. Act like the first is a surprise and then move forward. Nathan and Grif will get a kick out of it, and since they do not come everyday they will be a little off balance in their expectations. They are both very smart, and share your frustration that daddy is not home, ask them to make a picture for him, or write a letter. You could put all of these into a book to present to Jerry when he comes home, sort of a preschool journal. The power of art to express feelings can never be underestimated, even for preschoolers. Good luck, this too shall pass. I love you all. SRH